Tuesday 2 April 2013

Another rest day is best...

A couple of days without a posting: Friday morning was a 170km on the bike and, as this is about running and the Paris marathon, no posting.  Poor internet connection on Saturday is just a poor excuse, Sunday is rest day, and yesterday has also passed without the postings continuing.  Why?

Motivation had gone with a little despondency setting in.  It is just a state of mind that passes soon enough and I’ve tried to establish the causes from the symptoms but the clouds continue to gather periodically.  I decide to follow advice, put into practice what I read and think how I will establish the good habits and manage my mind.  I will write it up, document, share, explore, resolve.  And so back to the blog; the purpose – it is not for me to expose myself, not for me to promote myself, to garner support or understanding.  Rather, to practise writing and now, to provide focus.  As I now realise that the cloud hovers above casting its weak shadow when I lack focus or a clear direction, goal – when my agenda is mixed and I am busy being distracted by trivia.  I need to harness the sankalpa over the vikalpa; I need to follow my heart without being sidetracked by ego, cravings and mental acrobats: learn to embrace the here and now, not to centre on the past or be concerned with the unknown future.  I will refer to two books with more in due course…  Youtube clips to come too.

For now, I am prompted by Colin and his Two Oceans 56km ultra in 5 hours 12 minutes – fantastic and CONGRATULATIONS!  Colin provides evidence for the ‘undertrained and over-rested’ approach so I may not run tonight after all.  His last comment also provides me with encouragement for Sunday: 2:45 – piece of cake!  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - I would like to check it before it is posted. Bo.