Monday 8 April 2013

Paris Marathon 7th April 2013

I've just copied below my posting from the marathon talk podcast page. I'm on the podium, unless there are more results still to be submitted...!

Further comments from Bo after a period of reflection - 3:00:41. Not happy thoughts. Another time...

I set a personal goal of 2:45 and was found wanting. A few days to recover then I'll assess the training and preparation to work out what I could do to take the extra fifteen minutes off. I know I can do it, but not yesterday.... And then find another marathon for late spring or early summer to get my PB. My first marathon, fifteen ago, was 3:46 so I'm determined to take an hour off. But where? Somewhere warm as I do think the cold (for me) contributed to the quads not working as they should! 
But that is the great thing about marathon running and why it deserves so much respect: you set yourself a target, a challenge, and you never know if you can do it until you cross the finish line. 
And then regardless of achieving your personal target or not, as the medal is placed around your neck there will always be satisfaction and reward in knowing you've just run a marathon.
Chapeau to all those who ran and finished a beautiful marathon. Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - I would like to check it before it is posted. Bo.