Thursday 28 March 2013

'Tip of the Day': Avoid alcoholic beverages

A welcome distraction after work and a little dust in the air were enough for me not to run.  Instead, now, as I write, a few beers.  Start early, finish early and hopefully to bed soon enough to get a little sleep and rest for a good ride tomorrow.  Regardless of the marathon, Friday is the day for the Friday ride, because it is Friday, and that is when we ride.  Plans are in the making to join the three separate rides for one BIG ride.  250km plus and 7-8 hours in the saddle at the end of April.  Another posting.  For now, thoughts about running.

The Paris marathon organisers have been sending daily updates and today was about the expo (always need to get some merchandise) and the start time.  8.45am – a lie in!  After the 6am starts here in the sandpit the 8.45 sounds so very civilised.  I somehow know that I will be late anyway!  I submitted my Dubai marathon time to request sub three hour starting pen.  After the 200 elites, 820 have a ‘preferential’ start ahead of the red zone of three hour runners close behind.  The website says that 50 000 have registered and that Paris has both the most number of runners who complete the marathon in under three hours, as well as the fasted average finish time, aside from marathons with set qualifying requirements.  Not a marathon for the pantomime horses then.

I’ve just read the ‘tip of the day’: avoid alcoholic beverages.  Some chance.  I know a great bar that serves very good absinthe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - I would like to check it before it is posted. Bo.